Steve’s 2010 R56 Mini Cooper S Laurel Limited Edition
Is this your first car?
- No, but my first Mini Cooper.
How did you end up with your Mini?
- I had always been fascinated with the design and style of the Mini Cooper, and I thought to myself that when I was in the market for a new car, I was going to look for a Mini. After my Ford Expedition was stolen last November, I was in the market for a new car and happened to come across the R56 and fell in love.
Why did you start modifying your car?
- When I purchased the car in December of 2015, I started doing research on the potential for modifications and making more power. I had always thought it would be a blast to drive a small car with power, and after discovering that these cars can be easily tuned for more power I started planning on the mods I wanted to do.
What was the biggest setback you ran into?
- Unfortunately, my first motor blew at 59,000 miles. Cylinder 1 had no compression and the other three cylinders had 90% leak down. This occurred after owning it for about 3 months, and only putting about 3,000 miles on it.
What is your favorite mod so far?
- My Manic Stage 2+ tune. The tune has transformed the car into a completely different machine. Combined with a catless downpipe, AEM intake, and an upgraded intercooler, the tune makes the car a blast to drive.
What other mods do you have planned?
- Eventually I would like to get a methanol injection kit, a bigger turbo, build the bottom end, and get a nice set of wheels to go with a proper suspension setup.
What is your favorite thing about the car?
- The appearance. Every cosmetic modification brings the car to a whole new level, from things as simple as adding a roof rack or painting the trims, the car seems to catch everyone’s eye.
Why Mini Cooper?
- When the engine went out I was kind of on the fence about keeping the car or fixing it. Once I went through the whole process of getting a new motor and installing it, I feel connected to the car, and it’s something that I don’t see myself getting rid of for a long time. Out of the last 8 cars I have owned, this is my favorite one by far
Full Mod List
- Manic Stage 2+ Tune
- Catless Downpipe
- NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
- AEM Cold Air Intake
- F56 Mini Cooper S Shift Knob
- Upgraded Blow-off-valve
- Alutec Strut Bar
- Chopped Muffler with Titanium Tip
- Aeroforce Gauges
- Manic SPS Switch
- Front mounted intercooler
- Front rotor upgrade
- Roof Racks
Special thanks to Steve for letting us use his awesome Mini for this Month's Showcase. Stay tuned for our future rides of the month posts!
Share this post
- Tags: R56